Air set in motion by breathing; breath; hence, sometimes, life itself.
- The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
- Incorporeal consciousness.
- The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death.
- The Holy Spirit.
- A supernatural being, as:
- An angel or a demon.
- A being inhabiting or embodying a particular place, object, or natural phenomenon.
- A fairy or sprite.
- The part of a human associated with the mind, will, and feelings: Though unable to join us today, they are with us in spirit.
- The essential nature of a person or group.
- A person as characterized by a stated quality: He is a proud spirit.
- An inclination or tendency of a specified kind: Her actions show a generous spirit.
- A causative, activating, or essential principle: The couple's engagement was announced in a joyous spirit.
- A mood or an emotional state: The guests were in high spirits. His sour spirits put a damper on the gathering.
- A particular mood or an emotional state characterized by vigor and animation: sang with spirit.
- Strong loyalty or dedication: team spirit.
- The predominant mood of an occasion or a period: "The spirit of 1776 is not dead” ( Thomas Jefferson).
- The actual though unstated sense or significance of something: the spirit of the law.
- An alcohol solution of an essential or volatile substance. Often used in the plural with a singular verb.
- An alcoholic beverage, especially distilled liquor.
- To carry off mysteriously or secretly: The documents had been spirited away.
- To impart courage, animation, or determination to; inspirit.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സ്വഭാവം - Svabhaavam | swabhavam ;ദുര്ഭൂതം - Dhurbhootham ;ഉത്സാഹം - Uthsaaham | Uthsaham ;ആത്മാവ് - Aathmaavu | athmavu ;ഭാവന - Bhaavana | Bhavana ;ബുദ്ധിയും ബോധവും ഇച്ഛാശക്തിയും ഉള്ള ശരീര രഹിത സത്ത - Buddhiyum Bodhavum Ichchaashakthiyum Ulla Shareera Rahitha Saththa | Budhiyum Bodhavum Ichchashakthiyum Ulla Shareera Rahitha Satha ;