To unite, as two ropes, or parts of a rope, by a particular manner of interweaving the strands, -- the union being between two ends, or between an end and the body of a rope.
- To join (two pieces of film, for example) at the ends.
- To join (ropes, for example) by interweaving strands.
- To join (pieces of wood) by overlapping and binding at the ends.
- To join together or insert (segments of DNA or RNA) so as to form new genetic combinations or alter a genetic structure.
- Slang To join in marriage: They went to Las Vegas to get spliced.
- A joining by splicing.
- A place where parts have been spliced.