- A utensil consisting of a small, shallow bowl on a handle, used in preparing, serving, or eating food.
- Something similar to this utensil or its bowl, as:
- A shiny, curved, metallic fishing lure.
- A paddle or an oar with a curved blade.
- Sports The three wood golf club.
- To lift, scoop up, or carry with or as if with a spoon.
- Sports & Games To shove or scoop (a ball) into the air.
- To fish with a spoon lure.
- Sports & Games To give a ball an upward scoop.
- Informal To engage in amorous behavior, such as kissing or caressing.