To throw out forcibly and abudantly, as liquids through an office or a pipe; to eject in a jet; as, an elephant spouts water from his trunk.
- To gush forth in a rapid stream or in spurts.
- To discharge a liquid or other substance continuously or in spurts.
- Informal To speak volubly and tediously.
- To cause to flow or spurt out.
- To utter volubly and tediously.
- Chiefly British To pawn.
- A tube, mouth, or pipe through which liquid is released or discharged.
- A continuous stream of liquid.
- The burst of spray from the blowhole of a whale.
- Chiefly British A pawnshop.