A little pipe, or hollow cylinder of paper, filled with powder or combustible matter, to be thrown into the air while burning, so as to burst there with a crack.
- A small firecracker.
- A broken firecracker that burns but does not explode.
- A brief satirical or witty writing or speech, such as a lampoon.
- A short, sometimes humorous piece in a newspaper or magazine, usually used as a filler.
- To write or utter squibs.
- To write or utter squibs against; lampoon.
- Football To kick (the ball) low on a kickoff so that it bounces along the ground.