To pierce with a pointed weapon; to wound or kill by the thrust of a pointed instrument; as, to stab a man with a dagger; also, to thrust; as, to stab a dagger into a person.
- To pierce or wound with or as if with a pointed weapon.
- To plunge (a pointed weapon or instrument) into something.
- To make a thrusting or poking motion at or into: stabbed the air with his fingers.
- To thrust with or as if with a pointed weapon: stabbed at the food with her fork.
- To inflict a wound with or as if with a pointed weapon.
- A thrust with a pointed weapon or instrument.
- A wound inflicted with or as if with a pointed weapon.
- A sudden piercing pain.
- An attempt; a try: made a stab at the answer.
- stab (someone) in the back To harm (someone) by treachery or betrayal of trust.