Remaining erect; not cut down; as, standing corn.
- Status with respect to rank, reputation, or position in society or a profession.
- High reputation; esteem: a person of standing in the community.
- Continuance in time; duration: a friendship of long standing.
- Law The right or capacity to initiate a suit.
- The act of one that stands.
- A place where a person or thing stands.
- Sports A listing of individual competitors or of teams in a league according to their record of performance.
- Remaining upright; erect.
- Not cut down: standing timber.
- Performed or done from a standing position: a standing jump; a standing ovation.
- Permanent and unchanging; fixed.
- Remaining in force or use indefinitely: a standing invitation.
- Not movable; stationary.
- Not flowing or circulating; stagnant.