Resting; acting by mere weight without motion; as, statical pressure; static objects.
- Having no motion; being at rest; quiescent.
- Fixed; stationary.
- Physics Of or relating to bodies at rest or forces that balance each other.
- Electricity Of, relating to, or producing stationary charges; electrostatic.
- Of, relating to, or produced by random radio noise.
- Random noise, such as crackling in a receiver or specks on a television screen, produced by atmospheric disturbance of the signal.
- Informal Back talk.
- Informal Interference; obstruction.
- Informal Angry or heated criticism.