A young male of the ox kind; especially, a common ox; a castrated taurine male from two to four years old. See the Note under Ox.
- To guide by means of a device such as a rudder, paddle, or wheel.
- To direct the course of. See Synonyms at conduct.
- To maneuver (a person) into a place or course of action. See Synonyms at guide.
- To guide a vessel or vehicle.
- To follow or move in a set course.
- To admit of being steered or guided: a craft that steers easily.
- A piece of advice.
- steer clear To stay away from; avoid.
- A young ox, especially one castrated before sexual maturity and raised for beef.