- The main ascending axis of a plant; a stalk or trunk.
- A slender stalk supporting or connecting another plant part, such as a leaf or flower.
- A banana stalk bearing several bunches of bananas.
- A connecting or supporting part, especially:
- The tube of a tobacco pipe.
- The slender upright support of a wineglass or goblet.
- The small projecting shaft with an expanded crown by which a watch is wound.
- The rounded rod in the center of certain locks about which the key fits and is turned.
- The shaft of a feather or hair.
- The upright stroke of a typeface or letter.
- Music The vertical line extending from the head of a note.
- The main line of descent of a family.
- Linguistics The main part of a word to which affixes are added.
- Nautical The curved upright beam at the fore of a vessel into which the hull timbers are scarfed to form the prow.
- The tubular glass structure mounting the filament or electrodes in an incandescent bulb or vacuum tube.
- To have or take origin or descent.
- To remove the stem of.
- To provide with a stem.
- To make headway against: managed to stem the rebellion.
- from stem to stern From one end to another.
- To stop or hold back by or as if by damming; stanch.
- To plug or tamp (a blast hole, for example).
- Sports To point (skis) inward.
- Sports To point skis inward in order to slow down or turn.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കാണ്ഡം - Kaandam | Kandam ;തടുക്കുക - Thadukkuka ;ധാതുപദം - Dhaathupadham | Dhathupadham ;പ്രതിരോധിക്കുക - Prathirodhikkuka ;മൂലപദം - Moolapadham ;തടസ്സം ചെയ്യുക - Thadassam Cheyyuka ;