A man employed in a large family, or on a large estate, to manage the domestic concerns, supervise other servants, collect the rents or income, keep accounts, and the like.
- One who manages another's property, finances, or other affairs.
- One who is in charge of the household affairs of a large estate, club, hotel, or resort.
- A ship's officer who is in charge of provisions and dining arrangements.
- An attendant on a ship or airplane.
- An official who supervises or helps to manage an event.
- A shop steward.
- A wine steward.
- To serve as a steward or as the steward of.