Any one of several species of small sandpipers, as the sanderling of Europe and America, the dunlin, the little stint of India (Tringa minuta), etc. Called also pume.
- To restrict or limit, as in amount or number; be sparing with.
- Archaic To cause to stop.
- To subsist on a meager allowance; be frugal.
- Archaic To stop or desist.
- A length of time spent in a particular way: a two-year stint in the military.
- A fixed amount or share of work allotted. See Synonyms at task.
- A limitation or restriction: working without stint.
- Any of several small sandpipers of the genera Erolia or Calidris, of northern regions.