A single pass of a needle in sewing; the loop or turn of the thread thus made.
- A single complete movement of a threaded needle in sewing or surgical suturing.
- A single loop of yarn around an implement such as a knitting needle.
- The link, loop, or knot made in this way.
- A mode of arranging the threads in sewing, knitting, or crocheting: a purl stitch.
- A sudden sharp pain, especially in the side. See Synonyms at pain.
- Informal An article of clothing: wore not a stitch.
- Informal The least part; a bit: didn't do a stitch of work.
- A ridge between two furrows.
- To fasten or join with or as if with stitches.
- To mend or repair with stitches: stitched up the tear.
- To decorate or ornament with or as if with stitches: "The sky was stitched with stars” ( Mario Puzo).
- To fasten together with staples or thread.
- To make stitches; sew.
- in stitches Informal Laughing uncontrollably.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
നോവ് - Novu ;തൈക്കുക - Thaikkuka ;തുന്നല് പ്രവൃത്തി ചെയ്യുക - Thunnal Pravruththi Cheyyuka | Thunnal Pravruthi Cheyyuka ;കഠിനവേദന - Kadinavedhana ;തയ്ക്കുക - Thaykkuka ;തയ്ക്കുക - Thaykkuka ;