Originally, a covered porch with seats, at a house door; the Dutch stoep as introduced by the Dutch into New York. Afterward, an out-of-door flight of stairs of from seven to fourteen steps, with platform and parapets, leading to an entrance door some distance above the street; the French perron. Hence, any porch, platform, entrance stairway, or small veranda, at a house door.
- To bend forward and down from the waist or the middle of the back: had to stoop in order to fit into the cave.
- To walk or stand, especially habitually, with the head and upper back bent forward.
- To bend or sag downward.
- To lower or debase oneself.
- To descend from a superior position; condescend.
- To yield; submit.
- To swoop down, as a bird in pursuing its prey.
- To bend (the head or body) forward and down.
- To debase; humble.
- The act of stooping.
- A forward bending of the head and upper back, especially when habitual.
- An act of self-abasement or condescension.
- A descent, as of a bird of prey.
- Chiefly Northeastern U.S. A small porch, platform, or staircase leading to the entrance of a house or building.
- Variant of stoup.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
താഴ്ത്തുക - Thaazhththuka | Thazhthuka ;അകത്തോട്ടുവളയുക - Akaththottuvalayuka | Akathottuvalayuka ;വീടിന്റെ മുന്ഭാഗത്തെ ചെറിയ വരാന്തയോ പോര്ച്ചോ - Veedinte Munbhaagaththe Cheriya Varaanthayo Porcho | Veedinte Munbhagathe Cheriya Varanthayo Porcho ;താഴ്മ കാട്ടുക - Thaazhma Kaattuka | Thazhma Kattuka ;സ്വയം തരം താഴ്ത്തി കാര്യം നേടുക - Svayam Tharam Thaazhththi Kaaryam Neduka | swayam Tharam Thazhthi Karyam Neduka ;ഉള്ളിലേക്കു വളയുക - Ullilekku Valayuka ;