To wander, as from a direct course; to deviate, or go out of the way.
- To move away from a group, deviate from the correct course, or go beyond established limits.
- To become lost.
- To wander about without a destination or purpose; roam. See Synonyms at wander.
- To follow a winding course; meander.
- To deviate from a moral, proper, or right course; err.
- To become diverted from a subject or train of thought; digress. See Synonyms at swerve.
- One that has strayed, especially a domestic animal wandering about.
- Straying or having strayed; wandering or lost: stray cats and dogs.
- Scattered or separate: a few stray crumbs.