Of or pert. to a stream line; designating a motion or flow that is free from turbulence, like that of a particle in a streamline; hence, designating a surface, body, etc., that is designed so as to afford an unbroken flow of a fluid about it, esp. when the resistance to flow is the least possible; as, a streamline body for an automobile or airship.
- To construct or design in a form that offers the least resistance to fluid flow.
- To improve the appearance or efficiency of; modernize.
- To organize.
- To simplify.
- A line that is parallel to the direction of flow of a fluid at a given instant.
- The path of one particle in a flowing fluid.
- A contour of a body constructed so as to offer minimum resistance to a fluid flow.