Strained; drawn close; tight; as, a strict embrace; a strict ligature.
- Precise; exact: a strict definition.
- Complete; absolute: strict loyalty.
- Kept within narrowly specific limits: a strict application of a law.
- Rigorous in the imposition of discipline: a strict parent.
- Exacting in enforcement, observance, or requirement: strict standards. See Synonyms at severe.
- Conforming completely to established rule, principle, or condition: a strict vegetarian.
- Botany Stiff, narrow, and upright.