To swell; to bulge out.
- To walk with pompous bearing; swagger.
- To display in order to impress others. Sometimes used with out: Don't strut out your resume until you have more accomplishments to list.
- To provide (a structure) with a strut or struts.
- To brace or separate with or as if with a strut.
- A pompous, self-important gait.
- A structural element used to brace or strengthen a framework by resisting longitudinal compression.
- strut (one's) stuff Slang To behave or perform in an ostentatious manner; show off.