The act of submitting; the act of yielding to power or authority; surrender of the person and power to the control or government of another; obedience; compliance.
- The act of submitting to the power of another: "Oppression that cannot be overcome does not give rise to revolt but to submission” ( Simone Weil).
- The state of having submitted. See Synonyms at surrender.
- The state of being submissive or compliant; meekness.
- The act of submitting something for consideration.
- Something so submitted: read three fiction manuscripts and other such submissions.