A contraction of Supernumerary, in sense 2.
- Informal An article or a product of superior size, quality, or grade.
- Informal A superintendent in an apartment or office building.
- Informal A supernumerary.
- Printing A thin starched cotton mesh used to reinforce the spines and covers of books.
- Informal Very large, great, or extreme: "yet another super Skyscraper” ( Dylan Thomas).
- Informal Excellent; first-rate: a super party.
- Informal Especially; extremely: a super accurate missile; was super careful.
- Printing To reinforce (a book spine or cover) with super.