Lifted up to the highest degree; most eminent; surpassing all other; supreme; as, superlative wisdom or prudence; a woman of superlative beauty; the superlative glory of the divine character.
- Of the highest order, quality, or degree; surpassing or superior to all others.
- Excessive or exaggerated.
- Grammar Of, relating to, or being the extreme degree of comparison of an adjective or adverb, as in best or brightest.
- Something of the highest possible excellence.
- The highest degree; the acme.
- Grammar The superlative degree.
- Grammar An adjective or adverb expressing the superlative degree, as in brightest, the superlative of the adjective bright, or most brightly, the superlative of the adverb brightly.