To represent to one's self, or state to another, not as true or real, but as if so, and with a view to some consequence or application which the reality would involve or admit of; to imagine or admit to exist, for the sake of argument or illustration; to assume to be true; as, let us suppose the earth to be the center of the system, what would be the result?
- To assume to be true or real for the sake of argument or explanation: Suppose we win the lottery.
- To believe, especially on uncertain or tentative grounds: Scientists supposed that large dinosaurs lived in swamps.
- To consider to be probable or likely: I suppose it will rain.
- To imply as an antecedent condition; presuppose: "Patience must suppose pain” ( Samuel Johnson).
- To consider as a suggestion: Suppose we dine together.
- To imagine; conjecture.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കര്ത്തവ്യമെന്നു കരുതുക - Karththavyamennu Karuthuka | Karthavyamennu Karuthuka ;ഊഹിക്കുക - Oohikkuka ;അഭിപ്രായപ്പെടുക - Abhipraayappeduka | Abhiprayappeduka ;സങ്കല്പിക്കുക - Sankalpikkuka ;കരുതുക - Karuthuka ;വിചാരിക്കുക - Vichaarikkuka | Vicharikkuka ;