Certainly knowing and believing; confident beyond doubt; implicity trusting; unquestioning; positive.
- Impossible to doubt or dispute; certain.
- Not hesitating or wavering; firm: sure convictions.
- Confident, as of something awaited or expected: sure of ultimate victory.
- Bound to come about or happen; inevitable: sure defeat.
- Having one's course directed; destined or bound: sure to succeed.
- Certain not to miss or err; steady: a sure hand on the throttle.
- Worthy of being trusted or depended on; reliable.
- Free from or marked by freedom from doubt: sure of her friends.
- Careful to do something: asked me to be sure to turn off the stove.
- Obsolete Free from harm or danger; safe.
- Informal Surely; certainly.
- for sure Informal Certainly; unquestionably: We'll win for sure.
- make sure To establish something without doubt; make certain: Make sure he writes it down.
- sure enough As one might have expected; certainly.
- to be sure Indeed; certainly.