A spring; a fountain.
- To rise and move in a billowing or swelling manner.
- To roll or be tossed about on waves, as a boat.
- To move like advancing waves: The fans surged forward to see the movie star.
- To increase suddenly: As favorable reviews came out, interest in the software surged.
- To improve one's performance suddenly, especially in bettering one's standing in a competition.
- Nautical To slip around a windlass. Used of a rope.
- Nautical To loosen or slacken (a cable) gradually.
- A heavy billowing or swelling motion like that of great waves.
- Wave motion with low height and a shorter period than a swell.
- A coastal rise in water level caused by wind.
- The forward and backward motion of a ship subjected to wave action.
- A sudden onrush: a surge of joy.
- A period of intense effort that improves a competitor's standing, as in a race.
- A sudden, transient increase or oscillation in electric current or voltage.
- An instability in the power output of an engine.
- Astronomy A brief, violent disturbance occurring during the eruption of a solar flare.
- Nautical The part of a windlass into which the cable surges.
- Nautical A temporary release or slackening of a cable.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
പൊങ്ങിമറിയൽഅലയടിക്കുക - Pongimariyalalayadikkuka ;തരംഗം - Tharamgam ;തിരമാല - Thiramaala | Thiramala ;ഓളം പൊങ്ങിമറിയല് - Olam Pongimariyal ;തുളച്ചുകയറുക - Thulachukayaruka ;തിളച്ചുമറിയുക - Thilachumariyuka ;