To clean with a mop or swab; to wipe when very wet, as after washing; as, to swab the desk of a ship.
- A small piece of absorbent material attached to the end of a stick or wire and used for cleansing or applying medicine.
- A specimen of mucus or other material removed with a swab.
- A sponge or patch of absorbent material used to clean the bore of a firearm or cannon.
- A mop used for cleaning floors or decks.
- Slang A sailor.
- Slang A lout.
- To use a swab on.
- To clean with a swab.
- To take a specimen from (a person) using a swab.