To grow larger; to dilate or extend the exterior surface or dimensions, by matter added within, or by expansion of the inclosed substance; as, the legs swell in dropsy; a bruised part swells; a bladder swells by inflation.
- To increase in size or volume as a result of internal pressure; expand.
- To increase in force, size, number, or degree: Membership in the club swelled.
- To grow in loudness or intensity: "The din in front swelled to a tremendous chorus” ( Stephen Crane).
- To bulge out, as a sail.
- To rise or extend above the surrounding level, as clouds.
- To rise in swells, as the sea.
- To be or become filled or puffed up, as with pride, arrogance, or anger.
- To rise from within: Rage swelled within me.
- To cause to increase in volume, size, number, degree, or intensity: The governor's full public disclosure only swelled the chorus of protests.
- To fill with emotion.
- The act or process of swelling.
- The condition of being swollen.
- A swollen part; a bulge or protuberance.
- A long wave on water that moves continuously without breaking.
- A rise in the land; a rounded elevation.
- Informal One who is fashionably dressed or socially prominent: society swells.
- Music A crescendo followed by a gradual diminuendo.
- Music The sign indicating such a crescendo.
- Music A device on an instrument, such as an organ or harpsichord, for regulating volume.
- Informal Fashionably elegant; stylish.
- Informal Excellent; wonderful: had a swell time.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
കഴിവുള്ളവന് - Kazhivullavan ;തിളച്ചുമറിയുകചുറുചുറുക്കുളള - Thilachumariyukachuruchurukkulala ;പെരുകുക - Perukuka ;വീക്കം - Veekkam ;തള്ളിനിൽക്കുക - Thallinilkkuka ;വീര്ക്കുക - Veerkkuka ;