To flourish, so as to make the sound swish.
- To move with a hissing or whistling sound, as a whip.
- To rustle, as silk.
- To cause to make a swishing sound.
- To strike or cut with a swishing sound.
- To whip with a rod.
- A sharp whistling or rustling sound: the swish of scythes.
- A movement making such a sound.
- A rod used for flogging.
- A stroke made with such a rod.
- Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a homosexual man.
- Informal Fashionable; posh: "a swish pastry shop on the Rue du Bac” ( Julia Child).
- Slang Effeminate.