Connected system or order; union of things; a number of things jointed together; organism.
- The study of the rules whereby words or other elements of sentence structure are combined to form grammatical sentences.
- A publication, such as a book, that presents such rules.
- The pattern of formation of sentences or phrases in a language.
- Such a pattern in a particular sentence or discourse.
- Computer Science The rules governing the formation of statements in a programming language.
- A systematic, orderly arrangement.