The flap or latchet of a shoe fastened with a string or a buckle.
- A projection, flap, or short strip attached to an object to facilitate opening, handling, or identification.
- A small, usually decorative flap or tongue on a garment.
- A small auxiliary airfoil that is attached to a larger one and that helps stabilize an aircraft.
- A pull-tab.
- To supply with a tab or tabs.
- Informal A bill or check, such as one for a meal in a restaurant.
- Informal Cost; price: The tab for upgrading the computers would be high.
- A tabulator on a typewriter.
- Computer Science A key on a computer keyboard that, when pressed, inserts a special ASCII character used for formatting text, as in indenting a line or block of text.
- Computer Science This special ASCII character.
- To press the tab on a typewriter or computer keyboard: Tab over to the next column.
- keep tabs on Informal To observe carefully: Let's keep tabs on expenditures.