A kind of waved silk, usually called watered silk, manufactured like taffeta, but thicker and stronger. The watering is given to it by calendering.
- A rich watered silk.
- A fabric of plain weave.
- A domestic cat with a striped or brindled coat of a gray or tawny color.
- A domestic cat, especially a female.
- A spinster.
- A prying woman; a gossip.
- South Atlantic U.S. A mixture of oyster shells, lime, sand, and water used as a building material.
- Having light and dark striped markings: a tabby cat.
- Made of or resembling watered silk.