To unite or knit together confusedly; to interweave or interlock, as threads, so as to make it difficult to unravel the knot; to entangle; to ravel.
- To mix together or intertwine in a confused mass; snarl.
- To involve in hampering or awkward complications; entangle.
- To catch and hold in or as if in a net; entrap. See Synonyms at catch.
- To be or become entangled.
- Informal To enter into argument, dispute, or conflict: tangled with the law.
- A confused, intertwined mass.
- A jumbled or confused state or condition.
- A state of bewilderment.
- Informal An argument or altercation.
- A large seaweed of the genus Laminaria.