To strike with a slight or gentle blow; to touch gently; to rap lightly; to pat; as, to tap one with the hand or a cane.
- To strike gently with a light blow or blows: I tapped you on the shoulder to get your attention.
- To give a light rap with: tap a pencil.
- To produce with a succession of light blows: tap out a rhythm.
- To select, as for membership in an organization; designate. See Synonyms at appoint.
- To repair (shoe heels or toes) by applying a thin layer of leather or a substitute material.
- To attach metal plates to (shoe toes or heels).
- To deliver a gentle, light blow or blows.
- To walk making light clicks.
- A gentle blow.
- The sound made by such a blow.
- A thin layer of leather or a substitute applied to a worn-down shoe heel or toe.
- A metal plate attached to the toe or heel of a shoe, as for tap-dancing.
- Linguistics See flap.
- A valve and spout used to regulate delivery of a fluid at the end of a pipe.
- A plug for a bunghole; a spigot.
- Liquor drawn from a spigot.
- Liquor of a particular brew, cask, or quality.
- Medicine The removal of fluid from a body cavity: a spinal tap.
- A tool for cutting an internal screw thread.
- A makeshift terminal in an electric circuit.
- A wiretap.
- To furnish with a spigot or tap.
- To pierce in order to draw off liquid: tap a maple tree.
- To draw (liquid) from a vessel or container: tap a new keg of beer.
- Medicine To withdraw fluid from (a body cavity).
- To make a physical connection with or open outlets from: tap a water main.
- To wiretap (a telephone).
- To establish an electric connection in (a power line), as to divert current secretly.
- To establish access to or a connection with: tapped a new market for inexpensive books.
- To take advantage of; make use of: tapped voter anger to win the election.
- To cut screw threads in (a collar, socket, or other fitting).
- Informal To ask (a person) for money.
- tap into To establish a connection with; have access to: tapped into a new market for their products.
- tap into To take advantage of: tapped into their enthusiasm to improve the school.
- on tap Ready to be drawn; in a tapped cask: beer on tap.
- on tap Available for immediate use; ready: extra personnel on tap.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
;ചെറുതായി മുട്ടുന്ന ശബ്ദം - Cheruthaayi Muttunna Shabdham | Cheruthayi Muttunna Shabdham ;കുഴലടപ്പ് - Kuzhaladappu ;അപതരിപ്പിക്കുക - Apatharippikkuka ;മൃദുസ്പര്ശം - Mrudhusparsham ;തട്ട് - Thattu ;