A small wax candle; a small lighted wax candle; hence, a small light.
- A small or very slender candle.
- A long wax-coated wick used to light candles or gas lamps.
- A source of feeble light.
- A gradual decrease in thickness or width of an elongated object.
- A gradual decrease, as in action or force.
- To become gradually narrower or thinner toward one end.
- To diminish or lessen gradually. Often used with off: The storm finally tapered off.
- To make thinner or narrower at one end.
- To make smaller gradually.
- Gradually decreasing in size toward a point.