A kind of small shield or buckler, used as a defensive weapon in war.
- An object, such as a padded disk with a marked surface, that is shot at to test accuracy in rifle or archery practice.
- Something aimed or fired at.
- An object of criticism or attack.
- One to be influenced or changed by an action or event.
- A desired goal.
- A railroad signal that indicates the position of a switch by its color, position, and shape.
- The sliding sight on a surveyor's leveling rod.
- A small round shield.
- A structure in a television camera tube with a storage surface that is scanned by an electron beam to generate a signal output current similar to the charge-density pattern stored on the surface.
- A usually metal part in an x-ray tube on which a beam of electrons is focused and from which x-rays are emitted.
- To make a target of.
- To aim at or for.
- To establish as a target or goal.
- on target Completely accurate, precise, or valid: observations that were right on target.