The ankle; the bones or cartilages of the part of the foot between the metatarsus and the leg, consisting in man of seven short bones.
- The section of the vertebrate foot between the leg and the metatarsus.
- The bones making up this section, especially the seven small bones of the human ankle.
- A fibrous plate that supports and shapes the edge of the eyelid. Also called tarsal plate.
- Zoology The tarsometatarsus.
- Zoology The distal part of the leg of an arthropod, usually divided into segments.