To make a tender of; to offer or tender.
- To have a tendency: paint that tends toward bubbling and peeling over time.
- To be disposed or inclined: tends toward exaggeration.
- To move or extend in a certain direction: Our ship tended northward.
- To have the care of; watch over; look after: tend a child.
- To manage the activities and transactions of; run: tend bar; tend a store in the owner's absence.
- To be an attendant or servant.
- To apply one's attention; attend: no time to tend to my diary.