One of the forms which a verb takes by inflection or by adding auxiliary words, so as to indicate the time of the action or event signified; the modification which verbs undergo for the indication of time.
- Tightly stretched; taut. See Synonyms at stiff, tight.
- In a state of mental or nervous tension.
- Characterized by nervous tension or suspense.
- Linguistics Enunciated with taut muscles, as the sound (ē) in keen.
- To make or become tense.
- Any one of the inflected forms in the conjugation of a verb that indicates the time, such as past, present, or future, as well as the continuance or completion of the action or state.
- A set of tense forms indicating a particular time: the future tense.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ഭൂതകാലം - Bhoothakaalam | Bhoothakalam ;പ്രക്ഷുബ്ധമായ - Prakshubdhamaaya | Prakshubdhamaya ;മുറുക്കിയ നിലയിൽ - Murukkiya Nilayil ;പിരിമുറുക്കമുള്ള - Pirimurukkamulla ;വലിഞ്ഞുനിൽക്കുന്ന - Valinjunilkkunna ;അയവില്ലാത്ത - Ayavillaaththa | Ayavillatha ;