The act of stretching or straining; the state of being stretched or strained to stiffness; the state of being bent strained; as, the tension of the muscles, tension of the larynx.
- The act or process of stretching something tight.
- The condition of so being stretched; tautness.
- A force tending to stretch or elongate something.
- A measure of such a force: a tension on the cable of 50 pounds.
- Mental, emotional, or nervous strain: working under great tension to make a deadline.
- Barely controlled hostility or a strained relationship between people or groups: the dangerous tension between opposing military powers.
- A balanced relation between strongly opposing elements: "the continuing, and essential, tension between two of the three branches of government, judicial and legislative” ( Haynes Johnson).
- The interplay of conflicting elements in a piece of literature, especially a poem.
- A device for regulating tautness, especially a device that controls the tautness of thread on a sewing machine or loom.
- Electricity Voltage or potential; electromotive force.
- To subject to tension; tighten.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
സംക്ഷോഭം - Samkshobham ;വലിവ് - Valivu ;മുറുക്കം - Murukkam ;വലിവ് - Valivu ;മാനസിക പിരിമുറുക്കം - Maanasika Pirimurukkam | Manasika Pirimurukkam ;ആയതി - Aayathi | ayathi ;