A raised level space, shelf, or platform of earth, supported on one or more sides by a wall, a bank of tuft, or the like, whether designed for use or pleasure.
- A porch or walkway bordered by colonnades.
- A platform extending outdoors from a floor of a house or apartment building.
- An open, often paved area adjacent to a house serving as an outdoor living space; a patio.
- A raised bank of earth having vertical or sloping sides and a flat top: turning a hillside into a series of ascending terraces for farming.
- A flat, narrow stretch of ground, often having a steep slope facing a river, lake, or sea.
- A row of buildings erected on raised ground or on a sloping site.
- A section of row houses.
- A residential street, especially on a slope or hill.
- A narrow strip of landscaped earth in the middle of a street.
- Chiefly Upper Northern & Midwestern U.S. See parking. See Regional Note at parking.
- To provide (a house, for example) with a terrace or terraces.
- To form (a hillside or sloping lawn, for example) into terraces.