To melt, dissolve, or become fluid; to soften; -- said of that which is frozen; as, the ice thaws.
- To change from a frozen solid to a liquid by gradual warming.
- To lose stiffness, numbness, or impermeability by being warmed: left the frozen turkey out until it thawed; thawed out by sitting next to the stove.
- To become warm enough for snow and ice to melt.
- To become less formal, aloof, or reserved.
- To cause to thaw.
- The process of thawing.
- A period of warm weather during which ice and snow melt.
- A relaxation of reserve, restraints, or tensions.