The plural of himself, herself, and itself. See Himself, Herself, Itself.
- Those ones identical with them:
- Used reflexively as the direct or indirect object of a verb or as the object of a preposition: prepared themselves for the trip; gave themselves plenty of time; were left to themselves.
- Used for emphasis: The cooks themselves eat after all the guests have finished.
- Used in an absolute construction: Newcomers themselves, they knew few people at the party.
- Their normal or healthy condition: The members of the crew were themselves again after the crisis passed.