Whatever exists, or is conceived to exist, as a separate entity, whether animate or inanimate; any separable or distinguishable object of thought.
- An entity, an idea, or a quality perceived, known, or thought to have its own existence.
- The real or concrete substance of an entity.
- An entity existing in space and time.
- An inanimate object.
- Something referred to by a word, a symbol, a sign, or an idea; a referent.
- A creature: the poor little thing.
- An individual object: There wasn't a thing in sight.
- Law That which can be possessed or owned. Often used in the plural: things personal; things real.
- Possessions; belongings: packed her things and left.
- An article of clothing: Put on your things and let's go.
- The equipment needed for an activity or a special purpose: Where are my cleaning things?
- An object or entity that is not or cannot be named specifically: What is this thing for?
- An act, deed, or work: promised to do great things.
- The result of work or activity: is always building things.
- A thought, a notion, or an utterance: What a rotten thing to say!
- A piece of information: wouldn't tell me a thing about the project.
- A means to an end: just the thing to increase sales.
- An end or objective: In blackjack, the thing is to get nearest to 21 without going over.
- A matter of concern: many things on my mind.
- A turn of events; a circumstance: The accident was a terrible thing.
- The general state of affairs; conditions: "Beneath the smooth surface of things, something was wrong” ( Tom Wicker).
- A particular state of affairs; a situation: Let's deal with this thing promptly.
- Informal A persistent illogical feeling, as a desire or an aversion; an obsession: has a thing about seafood.
- Informal The latest fad or fashion; the rage: Drag racing was the thing then.
- Slang An activity uniquely suitable and satisfying to one: Let him do his own thing. See Synonyms at forte1.
- first thing Informal Right away; before anything else: Do your assignments first thing in the morning.
- see To have hallucinations.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
വിഷയം - Vishayam ;വസ്തു - Vasthu ;ചിന്താവിഷയമായ എന്തും - Chinthaavishayamaaya Enthum | Chinthavishayamaya Enthum ;സാമാനം - Saamaanam | Samanam ;സംഗതി - Samgathi ;സംഭവം - Sambhavam ;