Bred from the best blood through a long line; pure-blooded; -- said of stock, as horses. Hence, having the characteristics of such breeding; mettlesome; courageous; of elegant form, or the like.
- A purebred or pedigreed animal, especially a horse.
- Any of a breed of horses, bred chiefly for racing, originating from a cross between Arabian stallions and English mares.
- A well-bred person.
- Bred of pure stock; purebred.
- Relating or belonging to horses of the Thoroughbred.
- Thoroughly trained or educated; well bred.