One of the ends of weaver's threads; hence, any soft, short threads or tufts resembling these.
- Music To play (a stringed instrument) idly or monotonously: thrummed a guitar.
- To speak, repeat, or recite in a monotonous tone of voice; drone.
- Music To strum idly on a stringed instrument.
- To speak in a monotonous tone of voice; drone.
- A thrumming sound.
- The fringe of warp threads left on a loom after the cloth has been cut off.
- One of these threads.
- A loose end, fringe, or tuft of thread.
- Nautical Short bits of rope yarn inserted into canvas to roughen the surface.
- To cover or trim with thrums; fringe.
- Nautical To sew thrums in (canvas).