An elementary substance found as an oxide in the mineral cassiterite, and reduced as a soft white crystalline metal, malleable at ordinary temperatures, but brittle when heated. It is not easily oxidized in the air, and is used chiefly to coat iron to protect it from rusting, in the form of tin foil with mercury to form the reflective surface of mirrors, and in solder, bronze, speculum metal, and other alloys. Its compounds are designated as stannous, or stannic. Symbol Sn (Stannum). Atomic weight 117.4.
- A malleable, silvery metallic element obtained chiefly from cassiterite. It is used to coat other metals to prevent corrosion and is a part of numerous alloys, such as soft solder, pewter, type metal, and bronze. Atomic number 50; atomic weight 118.71; melting point 231.89°C; boiling point 2,270°C; specific gravity 7.31; valence 2, 4. See Table at element.
- Tin plate.
- A container or box made of tin plate.
- Chiefly British A container for preserved foodstuffs; a can.
- Chiefly British The contents of such a container.
- To plate or coat with tin.
- Chiefly British To preserve or pack in tins; can.
- Of, relating to, or made of tin.
- Constructed of inferior material.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ടിന് - Din ;ടിന്നിലാക്കുക - Dinnilaakkuka | Dinnilakkuka ;പൂതിഗന്ധം - Poothigandham ;അണുസംഖ്യ 50 ആയ വെളുത്തു തിളങ്ങുന്ന മയമുളള ലോഹം - Anusamkhya 50 Aaya Veluththu Thilangunna Mayamulala Loham | Anusamkhya 50 aya Veluthu Thilangunna Mayamulala Loham ;താരശുദ്ധീകരം - Thaarashuddheekaram | Tharashudheekaram ;പാത്രത്തിലാക്കുക - Paathraththilaakkuka | Pathrathilakkuka ;