A mender of brass kettles, pans, and other metal ware.
- A traveling mender of metal household utensils.
- Chiefly British A member of any of various traditionally itinerant groups of people living especially in Scotland and Ireland; a traveler.
- One who enjoys experimenting with and repairing machine parts.
- A clumsy repairer or worker; a meddler.
- To work as a tinker.
- To make unskilled or experimental efforts at repair; fiddle: tinkered with the engine, hoping to discover the trouble; tinkering with the economy by trying various fiscal policies.
- To mend as a tinker.
- To manipulate unskillfully or experimentally.