A light or luminary formed of some combustible substance, as of resinous wood; a large candle or flambeau, or a lamp giving a large, flaring flame.
- A portable light produced by the flame of a stick of resinous wood or of a flammable material wound about the end of a stick of wood; a flambeau.
- Chiefly British A flashlight.
- Something that serves to illuminate, enlighten, or guide.
- Slang An arsonist.
- A portable apparatus that produces a very hot flame by the combustion of gases, used in welding and construction.
- Slang To cause to burn or undergo combustion, especially with extraordinary rapidity, force, or thoroughness.