Any one of numerous species of elasmobranch fishes belonging to Torpedo and allied genera. They are related to the rays, but have the power of giving electrical shocks. Called also crampfish, and numbfish. See Electrical fish, under Electrical.
- A cigar-shaped, self-propelled underwater projectile launched from a submarine, aircraft, or ship and designed to detonate on contact with or in the vicinity of a target.
- Any of various submarine explosive devices, especially a submarine mine.
- A small explosive placed on a railroad track that is fired by the weight of the train to sound a warning of an approaching hazard.
- An explosive fired in an oil or gas well to begin or increase the flow.
- A small firework consisting of gravel wrapped in tissue paper with a percussion cap that explodes when thrown against a hard surface.
- See electric ray.
- Slang A professional assassin or thug.
- Chiefly New Jersey See submarine. See Regional Note at submarine.
- To attack, strike, or sink with a torpedo.
- To destroy decisively; wreck: torpedo efforts at reform.
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
ടോര്പിഡോ - Dorpido ;ചുഴലിക്കാറ്റ് - Chuzhalikkaattu | Chuzhalikkattu ;കപ്പല് നശിപ്പിക്കാനുള്ള ഉഗ്രസ്ഫോടനബോംബ് - Kappal Nashippikkaanulla Ugrasphodanabombu | Kappal Nashippikkanulla Ugrasphodanabombu ;വൈദ്യുതരശ്മി - Vaidhyutharashmi ;അന്തര്ജലാഗ്നിനാളിക - Antharjalaagninaalika | Antharjalagninalika ;ടോര്പിഡോ - Dorpido ;