To throw with the hand; especially, to throw with the palm of the hand upward, or to throw upward; as, to toss a ball.
- To throw lightly or casually or with a sudden slight jerk: tossed the shirt on the floor. See Synonyms at throw.
- To throw, fling, or heave continuously about; pitch to and fro: boats that were tossed by the storm.
- To throw upward: The bull tossed him over the fence.
- To mix (a salad) lightly so as to cover with dressing.
- To discuss informally; bandy: tossed the idea around.
- To move or lift (the head) with a sudden motion: "tossing their heads in sprightly dance” ( William Wordsworth).
- To disturb or agitate; upset.
- To throw to the ground: ducked the blow and tossed his opponent.
- To flip (coins) in order to decide an issue.
- To flip coins with: I'll toss you to see who goes first.
- To put in a given position, condition, or situation: tossed the criminal in jail.
- To throw away; discard: I tossed the newspaper after reading it.
- To disqualify or eject: The starter was tossed for throwing illegal pitches.
- To be thrown here and there; be flung to and fro.
- To move about restlessly; twist and turn: toss in one's sleep.
- To flip a coin to decide an issue.
- The act of tossing or the condition of being tossed.
- The distance that something is or can be tossed.
- An abrupt upward movement, as of the head.
- A flipping of a coin to decide an issue: The home team won the toss and elected to receive.
- toss down Informal To drink in one draft by suddenly tilting.
- toss off Informal To drink up in one draft.
- toss off Informal To do or finish effortlessly or casually: "technicians who can toss off the Romantic blockbusters with stupendous speed” ( Annalyn Swan).
Malayalam MeaningTransliteration ON/OFF | Not Correct/Proper?
അങ്ങോട്ടുമിങ്ങോട്ടും ഉലയ്ക്കുക - Angottumingottum Ulaykkuka ;കീഴ്മേല് മറിക്കുക - Keezhmel Marikkuka ;സംക്ഷോഭിക്കുക - Samkshobhikkuka ;മേലൊട്ടെറിയുക - Melotteriyuka ;തിരിഞ്ഞുംമറിഞ്ഞും കിടക്കുക - Thirinjummarinjum Kidakkuka ;അമ്മാനമാടുക - Ammaanamaaduka | Ammanamaduka ;