Whole; not divided; entire; full; complete; absolute; as, a total departure from the evidence; a total loss.
- An amount obtained by addition; a sum.
- A whole quantity; an entirety.
- Of, relating to, or constituting the whole; entire. See Synonyms at whole.
- Complete; utter; absolute: total concentration; a total effort; a total fool.
- To determine the total of; add up.
- To equal a total of; amount to.
- To wreck completely; demolish: survived the crash but totaled the car.
- To add up; amount: It totals to three dollars.